We are seeking applicants for our next generation of apprentices to join our team of highly skilled and trained technicians.
Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic
Heavy commercial vehicle mechanics repair and service diesel powered light and medium rigid trucks, prime movers and semi-trailers, road trains and b-doubles as well as passenger buses. The introduction of electronic control for engine, emission and dynamic vehicle control systems has given an added dimension to the complexity of this tradition to a diesel mechanic’s work.
Automotive electricians are specialists in the installation, diagnosis and repair of faults in the electrical and electronic components of all types of vehicles. In addition to lighting, starting, charging and ignition systems, the widespread use of on-board computers has given an added dimension to the complexity of an automotive electrician’s work. These computer systems are now used to control central locking systems, power windows, air conditioning, cruise controls and electronically controlled vehicle systems.
Sheet Metal Worker
Sheet metal workers gain the skills and knowledge to create and work with light to medium metal fabrications and repairs, using workshop machines, hand and power tools, sheet and plate assembly, all forms of welding, silver soldering, thermal cutting, measuring, technical drawing, and workplace health and safety.
Parts interpreters determine a customer’s requirements and advise on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care. In addition to excellent communication and customer service skills, computer literacy is also essential to receive, interpret and process orders for customers. Interpreting manufacturer franchise systems is a major part of this role, as well as determining part applications and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year.
To be considered for these opportunities you must have:
- Successfully completed Year 12 and/ or Automotive VET studies
- Current drivers licence
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- A friendly and positive can-do attitude
- Be trained within our own training workshop facilities
- Be part of the PACCAR Dealer Network which includes Kenworth and DAF heavy vehicles
- Repair, overhaul, install and interpret a wide variety of componentry including Cummins engines, DAF engines, Eaton 18 speed transmissions, Meritor and Dana differentials and the latest on-board electronics
- Be mentored by highly skilled trades people working within modern facilities
- Above award wages
- Tool allowance and initial tools (Diesel mechanic, Automotive electrician and Sheet metal worker)
- Supplied uniform and PPE
- Excellent working conditions
- Fully funded training
- Work with premium brands
- South Australia’s leading family-owned truck dealership
- State of the art facility
- Be a part of the CMV Group of Companies
About the company
CMV Truck Centre is a family owned and operated South Australian distributor for the Kenworth and DAF range of trucks. As a division of the CMV Group of companies, operating for over 85 years, we provide quality parts and service for the full range of Kenworth and DAF products.
We employ the latest technologies and our qualified technicians and apprentices receive continuous training from our Training Manager to ensure their skills remain current.
How to apply
We are seeking people who have a great attitude, great work ethic and strong desire to be part of the number one truck dealership in South Australia.
For more information, contact our Training Manager below or submit an enquiry form.
Apprentice Training Manager